Thursday 9 July 2009

Say 'Guten Tag' to my Rollei



This is my beautiful Rolleicord Vb which i cherish so much. its a relatively new attachment to my body and everything about it suits me down to the ground. it was passed on to me by a step-grandmother who was happy to get rid of one of many camera's from her collection. i'm so incredibly grateful for being lucky enough to use a camera such as this, its feels so good to use, its built by those good German engineers that seem so famous and it is another example of old analogue(film) technology being more rewarding than modern digital technology. It takes colour and black and white 120 film which produces square photos when processed and printed. i think this model was the one of the last run's of Rolleicord V range and its from around 1978, i think( please correct me if I'm wrong and any extra info would be welcomed).


i have found there to be many accessories available to buy and experiment with such as filters, and the Rolleinar lenses. i once saw both a telephoto and a wide-angle lens that had the 'bay 1' fitting to connect to this camera but i guess they are rare....i would love to get my hands on them if anyone knows the whereabouts of such things (i think the type i saw were made by 'Sun' or Sun fit').
most of the better looking photos on this blog will probably be taken on my Rollei as i generally take more pride and time in taking these photos so feel happier sharing them.... although saying that i will probably get lazy and turn to digital to tell a story quicker...but i should really tell a story with beauty rather than speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment