Sunday 6 September 2009

"The Black Yellow Night" Stop Motion Animation

This is my second stop-motion animation. A six month long undertaking which was to be my final major project of my university degree. Four months of pre-production planning consisting of sketching, story-boarding, set design, set construction, plasticine modeling, armature design, armature fabrication and lighting design. The actual filming process only took two weeks, but they were two weeks of blindly stumbling around in the dark in a small hot box room making very slow progress compared to that of the real world. The final weeks were spent in post-production, creating the soundtrack and making a DVD to host the final animation.

Here it is:

The Black Yellow Night (stop-motion clay animation) from James Ednay-Cox on Vimeo.



the pictures below were taken on set during production. In future posts i hope to give an insight to my process in making some of the models and set. i would appreciate any constructive criticism on my animations as i know i am at the tip of the ice berg in my understanding and skill as an animator.



If you enjoyed this, take a look at my first animation "Lemons Stole My Shoehorn"

No comments:

Post a Comment